On 29.5.19 I held a lecture in the Canetta Bar in Tel Aviv about Building a Digital advertising strategy.
Most businesses marketing online do it without a clear and structured strategy and that is why they are mostly dissatisfied with the outcomes.
In my lecture, I surveyed the leading advertising platforms and additionally, I talked about how to measure yourself in the digital areas, how to build a strategic plan, and why using it is essential and improves your results?
Digital Advertising Strategy - Introduction
- As of 2018, 50% of the companies do not construct global digital marketing strategy.
- In Israel, 80% of the companies do not construct a digital marketing strategy.
Survey: Traditional Marketing Vs. Digital Marketing
- Mostly expensive
- Almost entirely unmeasurable
- Little segmentation abilities
- No interaction with the audience
- Wide distribution
- Many channels
- Difficulty to measure relations
- Many updates
- Difficulty to stand out
- Can be very precise
- Low entrance threshold (cheap)
- Everybody’s there (eyes)
- Abilities to return to the client at any stage
- Ease of measurement
Content promotion (Outbrain and Tabula)
First stage: Research and Market Acquaintance
(Technology, industry, demographic data etc)
Second Stage: Setting Objectives
How to Define a Digital Marketing Objective?
The digital marketing strategy is defined in accordance with the company’s objectives and goals.
Examples for objectives:
- Increasing the exposure of product / service
- Increasing sales of the product in digital channels
- Defining the profit from the sales – influences the price
- Becoming a leading provider in a certain category
- Positioning the company
- Creating a USP (added value for the product)
The objectives are divided to 2:
The objectives are derived from 2 main parameters:
- General company objectives
- Data from the previous year – influence the future objective plan
Defining objectives in the digital world
- The tools used for digital marketing allow an accurate measurement of the marketing campaigns
- You should define quantitative and measurable objectives
At the end of each time (recommended at the end of each month), check whether we met the objectives. We didn’t? Why? Everything is measured and so are we!!!
- Defining the objectives is based on the data and sales of the previous year.
- It is important to set realistic objectives: an addition of 10-15% to the previous year and to mirror the company’s sale abilities
Recommendations for measurable objectives
Online referrals – 50 per month
Phones – 20 per month
Closing transactions – 15 transactions from all referrals
Recommendations for immeasurable objectives
Branding – rebranding, renovation of logo
Company positioning – “I want everyone to know my business” (the company’s value in view of the customers)
Differentiation – added value of the product (quality, price, design)
** Remember, professional campaigns and marketing moves are unable to double the sales overnight, place realistic objectives you can explain
Third stage: building a digital strategy
How to achieve the objectives and goals we set? Build a digital strategy
Our advertising strategy should bring us to meet our sales objectives
|branding||newsletter||landing pages||video||blog||organic posts||website||SEO||PPC|
|Building an annual plan|
|Defining a budget|
First stage – collecting audience – raising awareness:
Promoting stories on Outbrain / Start Israel
Promoting videos on Facebook and Instagram
Promotion on Google – search and GDN
Second Stage – Audience sharpening – more direct approach
Leads ads on Facebook
Promotion on Outbrain / LinkedIn
Promotion on YouTube GDN for lists
Promotion on Google – remarketing for search
Third Stage – remarketing – on all platforms
Approaching the audience painted so far in the campaign
Approaching by lists
Approaching all visitors on the landing pages
Fourth Stage – reminder for registration – Facebook / Instagram
Referral to all visitors in the relevant lists
Gant – campaigns / posts
- In order to track your activity, the campaigns and post management consistently and professionally, to finish the chores and start new ones, it is recommended to work with a monthly gang.
- A gant graph grants a clear graphic display which makes the schedules easy to meet.
- What appears in the rant – campaigns, social network posts, ads, blog publishing, video ads, lotteries etc.
- A monthly gant allows control over the monthly activities planned for that month.
Example of a content gant
Brief: Miltin Group – Importer of food products for dogs and cats
Premium brands of food, toys, accessories, interested in entering a new food brand in the market
Quarterly plan - content gant:
Special activities - ad plan for digital:
Dividing the budget of digital marketing
Gant - digital budget and annual plan
Creating a check list
Integrating traditional and digital marketing
Movement to stores
Referring users to a landing page to search for the nearest store
Campaign during a convention
Applying to people during a convention with ads of the brand (downloading the app / video / website entrance)
Brand Offline Activities
Referral to an adoption day
Quarterly plan – special activities
Building a budget
Quarterly plan – building a budget
Budget Vs. Performance
Quarterly plan – budget vs. performance
Or Fialkov, 35, married to Inbal and father to Itamar and Aviv. CEO and owner of Fialkov Digital – a company specializing in Internet advertising in many diversified channels.
Trailblazer in Facebook campaign management, until today Facebook published 4 case studies about office clients. Writing professional articles, advising and mentoring large companies in advertising in the digital media, and owner of the largest digital group in Israel “Digital Ad Professionals”.